Skip to main content

International students

How to apply for a course as an international student
Follow these steps to ensure you meet the criteria to apply for an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree.


You are an international student if you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen (or dual citizen of Australia or New Zealand), a permanent resident of Australia or a holder of a permanent Australian humanitarian visa. 


Search our degrees to find a course you like or by browsing your area of interest.

The course page will give you background information on what qualification you need to get into the course, how much the fees will be, and what kind of structure the course will have.


Every course has a set of requirements you need to meet. These are specified on the course information page. These may include:

  • Required qualifications such as a secondary school completion (eg, International Baccalaureate), a diploma, a bridging course or tertiary (college or university) course completion. Check our page for the recognised qualifications that we accept from countries around the world.
  • We accept Australian and New Zealand university foundations programs and some overseas programs for admission. More than 80 percent of students who complete the University of Sydney Preparation Programs (USPP) consisting of the University of Sydney Foundation Program (USFP) and the High Achievers Preparation Program (HAPP) are accepted into one of our undergraduate courses.
  • Assumed knowledge, where we assume you have reached a certain level of knowledge or have passed a relevant subject at Australian Year 12 level or equivalent.
  • Prerequisites, including mathematics prerequisites.
  • English language requirements: If you do not meet these requirements you may still be able to apply for your course and complete an English language course with an organisation such as the Centre for English Teaching.
  • Additional admission criteria: For some courses, including medicine, dentistry, education, music, oral health, visual arts and veterinary medicine, there may be additional admission criteria, such as an audition, interview, portfolio or personal statement.
  • Any supporting documents that may be required.
  • Paying a fee to submit your application. This applies to all international applicants but you may be eligible for a waiver.


If you have completed previous studies in a related area or relevant work experience, you may be able to fast track your degree. This is called recognition of prior learning and means you won’t have to repeat similar units and could graduate sooner.

The University has credit articulation agreements with overseas institutions such as the Singapore Polytechnics where completion of a 2-3 year diploma in a relevant field will make you eligible for credit of up to one year or more, in many cases allowing you to skip one year in your degree at the University of Sydney. It may also reduce your visa duration. Read our credit for previous studies page for more information.


Double degrees, such as those combined with the Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, have progression requirements that must be satisfied before students can be admitted to the second degree. Find out more about progression rules in the relevant faculty handbook.


Some courses require supplementary application forms. These will be listed on the course page. These must be true and complete records. You can scan these documents and upload them online.

Documents submitted in a language other than English must be accompanied by a complete English translation made by an accredited translator with a government body or the Registrar of the issuing institution.

Applicants from the People's Republic of China may be required to provide a China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHESICC) verification of their academic documents.


The University reserves the right to request additional information if you are a student visa applicant on the basis of a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) criterion as prescribed by the Australian government. This may involve the submission of an additional application form seeking clarification about your personal circumstances, and may also involve an interview. Further information may be requested by the University or by your education agent after you have applied.


The course page will explain the fees for starting next year or the year after. There are other fees and costs you need to know about too. Find out more about fees and costs, including living costs.


Some countries provide education loans to their citizens. You may also be eligible for a merit-based or country-specific scholarship from the University of Sydney. Find out about scholarships for international students.


Apply directly to the University if you are:

  • an applicant not covered in the UAC categories

  • applying for a Sciences-Po dual degree (even if you are applying through UAC for other degrees).

To apply directly to the University, search for your course, then click on the "Apply now" button on the course page. All postgraduate and most undergraduate students apply directly. International students who apply to study onshore need to pay an application processing fee of AUD$125. 

Application deadlines vary by course. Check the specific closing date for your course on the course information page. As an international student, you should apply as early as possible to allow time for visa and travel arrangements.

Apply through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) if you are an undergraduate student studying:

  • a current Australian Year 12 qualification (eg, NSW Higher School Certificate, Victorian Certificate of Education, Queensland Certificate of Education) in or outside Australia, or
  • a current International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma in Australia.

If you are applying with the New Zealand National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA Level 3), you have the option to apply via UAC or direct to the University.

The University generally participates in all the UAC international offer rounds. Refer to the UAC website for key dates.

If you are applying for a Sciences Po Dual Degree, you need to apply directly to the University of Sydney, even if you are applying through UAC for your other preferences.

If you are an international student, you may use an authorised University of Sydney agent. A University of Sydney agent can assist you with your university application and visa arrangements.

Our agents are carefully selected and assessed, monitored and reviewed to ensure they offer quality service and have experience in representing Australia and the university. They can assist you with:

  • understanding entry requirements
  • applying to the University
  • preparing neccessary documents
  • arranging your visa
  • practical information and advice.

You may only have one agent, so you must carefully select from our list of authorised agents, one that you will work with until the time that you commence your study in Sydney.


Depending on your application method, you may get an offer from the University directly or via UAC.

If you receive a conditional offer, you may need to satisfy certain criteria such as academic and English language conditions before you can be issued with an unconditional offer. If you receive an unconditional offer, your next step is to accept your offer.

  • To accept your unconditional offer log onto the Sydney Student Portal.
  • UAC applicants will also receive a confirmation email from us with instructions on how to accept your offer online.
  • Once you confirm your place at the University of Sydney, you must pay your fees, which includes the semester tuition fee and overseas students health cover (OSHC). The type of health cover you need will depend on your visa type.
  • You will then receive an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE), which can be used to apply for your student visa. 
  • Most international students come to Australia on a student visa, but it is also possible to study here on a temporary resident visa, a 457 visa, a partner or business visa and an under-18 student visa. Read our visa page for more information, or talk to an authorised University of Sydney agent

After this, it's time to prepare yourself for life in Sydney! Plan your arrival, find accommodation, understand your living costs, and get ready for your first semester of study. 

蜜蜂视频 千层浪视频 bobo直播app 野花视频app 快猫短视频app 小可爱app 97豆奶视频app 玉米视频 花狐狸直播 快播破解app 小怪兽直播app 光棍影院 小奶狗视频app 探花直播app 小小影视app iAVBOBO 咪哒直播 十里桃花直播app 烟花直播app 91直播下载app视频免费最新 秀儿直播app 花秀神器 菠萝蜜 花心直播app 香蕉app JOJO直播下载app视频免费最新 年华直播app 草莓视频app 快猫 蝴蝶直播 花姿直播 蜜柚app 大菠萝app 初见直播 泡芙app iavbobo 爱爱视频 富二代短视频app 草榴短视频app 硬汉视频app 猛虎直播 蜜桃 橘子视频app 铁牛视频 西瓜直播 享爱 火辣直播app 小可爱app 卡哇伊 抖阴直播 青青草app 豆奶抖音短视频 泡芙视频 性福宝app 可乐视频app 彩云直播app 91香蕉视频 比心app 富二代f2抖音 iAVBOBO 富二代f2抖音app 花姬直播app 妖妖直播 云上花 柠檬视频app 成版人快手 烟花巷app 小草视频 性直播app 抖阴app 千层浪视频 黄鱼视频app 萝卜视频app 豆奶抖音短视频 朵朵直播app 大秀直播 梦幻直播下载app视频免费最新 逗趣直播 红娘直播app 香蕉 欢喜视频 橘子视频app 宅男之家 烟花直播app 富二代f2抖音app 麻豆传媒视频 云上花app 后宫视频app 梦鹿直播 花友直播app 音色短视频 向日葵视频 秀色直播app 成版人快手 菠萝蜜app 蘑菇视频 荔枝 花姬直播 红娘直播app health2app swag视频app 榴莲视频app bobo直播app iavboboapp 茶馆视频app 夜狼直播 微杏 小草莓app 暖暖直播 菠萝蜜app 一对一直播 蓝精灵直播app 美梦视频app Kitty直播下载app视频免费最新 荔枝视频 花狐狸直播 卖肉直播app 水仙直播app 探花直播 橙子视频app 九尾狐直播app 月亮直播app 杏花直播下载app视频免费最新 向日葵视频app 逗趣直播app 水晶直播app 小天仙直播app 啪嗒视频 菠萝蜜 蓝颜app 富二代f2抖音app JOJO直播 91直播app 花友直播app 七秒鱼app 91香蕉视频app 花姿直播 烟花直播app 番茄直播 牛牛视频app 夏娃直播app 樱花雨直播 IAVBOBOapp JAV名优馆app 男人本色西瓜视频app 黄瓜直播app 蓝精灵直播 小宝贝直播app 光棍影院app 午夜神器app 硬汉视频下载app视频免费最新 红娘直播 趣播 97豆奶视频下载app视频免费最新 彩云直播app 红楼直播app swag视频 草鱼 趣播app 小草莓 泡芙短视频 快猫app 快猫 丝瓜视频污app 卖肉直播app 番茄社区app 橙子直播app 萝卜视频app